17 Jan 2022: By The Numbers
Last year was very busy for our staff, board members and volunteers. We’re so grateful that so many dedicated people in our region are willing to roll up their sleeves to help keep families together. This chart gives you a glimpse of Ronald McDonald House Charities Northern Nevada’s overall impact this year and just an idea of just how many families you have helped us serve.
- 203 families spent 1,900 nights with RMHCNN in the House’s 13 bedrooms
- 217 families made use of the RMHCNN Family Room inside Renown
Travel for Treatment
- 16 families were given funds for Travel For Treatment (T4T) with a total of 24 trips through this program
- Total amount of T4T funds given = $1,905
- 137 In-House volunteers
- 11 Family Room volunteers
- 751 Total in-house volunteer hours
- 634 Total Renown Family Room volunteer hours
- 151 Total dinners made by volunteer chefs
If you’re interested in learning more about our programs, visit rmhc-reno.org/our-programs. And we can always use volunteers, whether to cook one meal, to answer phones, help file or whatever else you’re interested in. Visit rmhc-reno.org/get-involved/volunteers for more information and to sign up. Please note that all volunteers will be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination and complete a background check. You may also be asked to attend Volunteer Training, depending on the type of tasks you’ll be performing. To volunteer in the RMHC Family Room, you will also need to take a TB test, submit a Renown Health volunteer application and go through Renown’s training process.